Saturday, March 20, 2010

Broken & Bruised?

Broken or bruised?
Can you mend me?
Is there hope?

Does your love cover this?
Or is my sin too great?
Are my faults too big?

Are you great enough,
To make light of my mistakes?
And are you willing?

Even when I fall and fall again,
Will you still come back for me?
Will you turn your back?

Or when I disgrace your name,
And bring shame upon you,
Will you not cast me out?

And when I turn my back,
Will you still chase me?
And desire me?

And when I nail you to a cross
For the things I did
Will you still die?

And will you rise again
To set me free?
After what I did?

What did I do,
To deserve this love,
you have given?

Who am I that you love me?
Who am I that you care for me?
Who am I that you would die?

Jesus,
I don't understand why,
But thank you that you did.

1 comment: